Building your own computer or allocating a section of your house for gaming is something that’s going to take a lot of time and effort, and at the end of the day, it can be quite costly.
However, if you’re working on a tight budget, there are plenty of great gaming monitor options that are very affordable and easy to use.
With all of the improvements in modern technology, with the right display, you won’t have to sacrifice any important features that help you to get the most out of your display.
When you start looking for the best gaming monitor under 200, it’s important to keep these five models in mind, as they are great for their cost and have an abundance of interesting features that beginner and veteran gamers would be interested in having.
Top 5 Best Gaming Monitor Under 200 Comparison Chart
Best Gaming Monitor Under 200 Reviews
1. ViewSonic VX2452MH
Beginners will absolutely fall in love with the ViewSonic VX2452MH, as it’s completely designed for its ease of use and great quality. As a screen that you can not only use for gaming, but for watching media as well, it’s versatile, easy to use, and something that you could have been searching for.
A couple of the best features of the ViewSonic VX2452MH include:
- Versatile connectivity: If you have several different devices that you want to connect to your monitor, you’ll appreciate how the display supports PC, Mac, HDMI, VGA, and DVI.
- Pre-set modes: Instead of having to spend a lot of time attempting to calibrate the monitor based on the content you’re viewing, you can easily switch between the many pre-set modes that are programmed into the monitor.
- Brilliant color and contrast: For optimal viewing pleasure, this display comes equipped with MEGA Dynamic Contrast Ratio for sharp and crisp imagery.
2. Acer GN246HL
As another great display that you can get your hands on, the Acer GN246HL offers slightly better graphics than the majority of other gaming displays on the market, and it also has a variety of different features that you’ll surely appreciate.
A few of the most notable aspects of the Acer GN246HL include:
- Rapid response and HD graphics: For someone who is interested in a gaming display that will work well for computing and gaming, you’ll appreciate the one-millisecond response with full HD graphics.
- Multiple ports: Depending on the type of device you’ll be using, there are plenty of useful ports on the back of the monitor including DVI, VGA, and HDMI.
- 3D Compatible: As a monitor that can also be used for 3D gaming, the Acer GN246HL is equipped with NVIDIA 3D Lightboost with advanced technologies that make it easier to not only play 3D enabled games but 3D movies as well.
3. Samsung LS27E330HZX
Built with user experience in mind, the Samsung LS27E330HZX is a competitive model when put up against other mid to low range gaming displays on the market. Although it might not come equipped with a surplus of features, it’s certainly a model that is easy to use right out of the box.
- The features integrated into the Samsung LS27E330HZX are incredibly useful as they create a more immersive gaming experience. Three of the most useful features include:
Fast response time: Compared to other gaming monitors that have three or more milliseconds of response time, this particular model offers a one-millisecond response.
- Darker blacks: To help boost the brilliance of the colors on your screen, all of the darker hues are intensified to become much darker.
- Eye-saver mode: It can be dangerous and painful to deal with a monitor that strains your eyes after a couple of hours of gaming, but with the help of eye saver mode any flickers or glares will be eliminated.
4. BenQ ZOWIE
One of the main things that you’ll appreciate about the BenQ ZOWIE is that it doesn’t stop short when it comes to all of the functional features that it has to offer. If you’ve been searching for a monitor that is going to have everything that you would expect from a high-end model but for a more affordable price, this is the ideal display for you.
The most notable features of the BenQ ZOWIE include:
- Superior clarity: Aside from the one millisecond response time, this display also has a great color enhancer that helps to improve how much you can see in darker environments without any overexposure of colors.
- Adjustable modes: There are a few different display modes that you can choose from based on the media you’re playing or watching such as fighting game modes, first-person shooter display modes, and more.
- Antiglare: To give your eyes even more comfort while you’re working or gaming for hours, you’ll appreciate the monitor’s integrated anti-glare technology that prevents reflections. Also, the ZeroFlicker technology is essential for protecting your eyes from strain, as does the low blue light filter.
5. ASUS VG245H
The fifth and final display on this list is surely a power hitter when it comes to finding the best gaming monitor, especially as ASUS has plenty of experience designing professional gaming equipment. The ASUS VG245H is no different as it offers an extraordinary amount of internal features that can help to give you the most seamless gaming experience possible.
The most spectacular features of the ASUS VG245H include:
- GameFast Input: For casual and professional play, you’ll love the GameFast Input technology which offers a response time of one millisecond for the smoothest visuals possible.
- ASUS Eye Care: Similar to many other gaming displays, the ASUS VG245H comes with the specialized Eye Care technology which has a blue light filter and a flicker-free display.
- Ergonomic adjustments: To ensure that you have the most comfortable gaming experience possible, take advantage of the vertical, horizontal, and swivel adjustments.
- FreeSync/Adaptive-Sync: Designed to offer up a refresh rate of up to 75Hz, the implementation of FreeSync/Adaptive-Sync is essential for easily calibrating your display to accommodate your graphics card.
Choosing the perfect display for gaming or work can be difficult, especially if you don’t know what you should be looking for. Ideally, you’re going to need a display that is going to do all of the work for you, offer multiple settings and plenty of features that you would expect from a high-quality build.
If you’re in the market for the best gaming monitor under 200, the ASUS VG245H is surely the one that you should be opting for. Aside from the fact that it was designed to be equally as well-built as a professional display, there are three main things that truly help to set it apart from the competition.
Versatile adjustments: The majority of displays only allow you to raise or lower your monitor, however, with this particular model you’re able to adjust it in every way possible. This gives you the ability to view the media on your screen as comfortably as you can for hours on end, as you can adjust it vertically, horizontally, or even swivel it.
Eye health technology: As something that is especially important for people who spend hours in front of their computer, all of the eye health technologies in the display are essential for preventing headaches and general pain from eyestrain.
Customizable settings: Even though the display may not come perfectly calibrated right out of the box, you can easily adjust the settings in order to prevent color fading and distortions. With the bountiful amount of calibration options, you can completely customize your display in order to accommodate your every need.
The ASUS VG245H is by far the best display for less than 200, especially when compared to the other designs in this guide. It’s affordable, easy to use, and looks quite brilliant when added to your existing or new gaming setup.